Perth is the capital of Western Australia and is the most isolated city in the world with a population of approximately 1.5 million people. Perth's metropolitan suburbs area stretches 125kms of beaches along the Indian Ocean between Yanchep and Mandurah. Perth is famous for its sandy white beaches and the people who live here for having some of the most laid back attitude and lifestyle in all of Australia.
In 1829 Captain James Stirling founded and established Perth. It was formally known as the Swan River Colony by British settlers. There is some magnificent history to be discovered here such as Aboriginals inhabited the foreshore of the swan river before colonisation.
Explore, see and do:
- Kings Park — Flora uniquely Australian.
- Perth Mint — See the gold history.
- Bell Tower — Captivating sound of the bells.
- London Court — Time capsule into 16th century England.
- Northbridge dining and nightlife — A must on Saturday night.
- Harbour town — Discount and wholesale shopping.
- Hay street Mall — For that special present.
- Parliament house — Sit in the public gallery and see the politicians.
- South Perth foreshore — Magnificent view of Perth.
- Art Gallery of Western Australia — Fine art + sculptures.
Also check out the famous spots in the suburbs:
- Cottesloe or Scarborough for great beach lifestyle.
- Yanchep National Park and Yanchep Lagoon.
- Horse riding and wine tasting at Swan Valley.
- Crabbing at Mandurah — Fun in the water.
- Armadale for wildlife parks — Feed the Koala.
- Mundaring Weir dam — check out some inspiring history
- Joondalup’s alfresco dining at Kulcha Cafe.
- Surfing at Mindarie — Left hand side of Marina
- Fishing at Rockingham — Catch your dinner.
- Horse riding at Pinjarra — experience the bush on horseback.
- Fremantle markets on Sundays — Always something on offer
- Kwinana racetrack for adrenalin racing action.
Enjoy your exploration + travel around Perth. The locals are friendly and proud of the place we live in. Most are ambassadors for tourism as all like to help travellers with information on what to do + where to go.
Keep smiling and enjoy the sunshine along with your stay in the Perth, Western Australia